Who We Are:
- We are open to anyone who loves to sing. We are a non-auditioned community choir made up of people who share the joy of making choral music together.
- While there are no formal auditions, members may be asked to sing a brief “range check” to make sure they are singing an appropriate part.
- All members need to be able to read music.
How to Join Us:
Send an email to the conductor.
Where We Came From:
- We were founded in 1996 by Michele Hupaelo. Our second conductor Graham Codling led us for 7 years.
- In 2018 Colin Elliott took over the podium, and continues the musical tradition established by earlier conductors.
What We Do:
- We rehearse and perform two choral concerts each year, one at Christmas and one in the Spring.
How We Do It:
- We rehearse on Wednesday evenings 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM, September through April.
- We have sectional rehearsals approximately once per month at times convenient to the members of each section.
- We have one intensive rehearsal each season, usually about 6 weeks prior to the upcoming concert. On a Saturday morning, we rehearse for two hours, share a pot luck lunch, and then conclude with another one hour rehearsal in the early afternoon.
We Support Ourselves:
- We sell tickets to our concerts. Each member is allotted 8 tickets per concert and is required to sell a minimum of 5. If you have difficulty, you may “sell” your excess tickets to other choir members who may need more than their allotted 8 tickets.
- We sell advertising for the concert programs. If you own a business or do business with someone who might like to advertise, Cecilian Singers provides you with an introductory letter and contribution form that you may use to solicit advertising.
- We contribute items to a silent auction or to a craft sale, once per concert season.
- Cecilian Singers Inc. has an executive made up of current members.
- Each year in September we hold an Annual General Meeting.
- Along with our Director and Accompanist, we have a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, two Music Librarians, and at least two Members at Large.
- We are always looking for new ideas and “members at large”. As you become comfortable and familiar with us, we welcome your input.
- Notifications regarding rehearsals, activities, etc. are sent to you by email from the Secretary.