Who We Are:
- We are open to anyone who loves to sing. We are a non-auditioned community choir made up of people who share the joy of making choral music together.
- While there are no formal auditions, members may be asked to sing a brief “range check” to make sure they are singing an appropriate part.
- All members need to be able to read music.
How to Join Us:
Send an email to the conductor. Despite our current hiatus from rehearsals we are participating in Choral Development sessions and you may wish to participate in these if you are interested in joining us in the future. More information about Choral Development is available by clicking not the menu option at the top of this page.
Where We Came From:
- We were founded in 1996 by Michele Hupaelo. Our second conductor Graham Codling led us for 7 years.
- In 2018 Colin Elliott took over the podium, and continues the musical tradition established by earlier conductors.
What We Do:
- We rehearse and perform two choral concerts each year, one at Christmas and one in the Spring.
How We Do It:
- We rehearse on Wednesday evenings 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM, September through April.
- We have sectional rehearsals approximately once per month at times convenient to the members of each section.
- We have one intensive rehearsal each season, usually about 6 weeks prior to the upcoming concert. On a Saturday morning, we rehearse for two hours, share a pot luck lunch, and then conclude with another one hour rehearsal in the early afternoon.
We Support Ourselves:
- We sell tickets to our concerts. Each member is allotted 8 tickets per concert and is required to sell a minimum of 5. If you have difficulty, you may “sell” your excess tickets to other choir members who may need more than their allotted 8 tickets.
- We sell advertising for the concert programs. If you own a business or do business with someone who might like to advertise, Cecilian Singers provides you with an introductory letter and contribution form that you may use to solicit advertising.
- We contribute items to a silent auction or to a craft sale, once per concert season.
- Cecilian Singers Inc. has an executive made up of current members.
- Each year in September we hold an Annual General Meeting.
- Along with our Director and Accompanist, we have a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, two Music Librarians, and at least two Members at Large.
- We are always looking for new ideas and “members at large”. As you become comfortable and familiar with us, we welcome your input.
- Notifications regarding rehearsals, activities, etc. are sent to you by email from the Secretary.